The dry nose is not a disease or any kind ofinfection, but it can cause some serious damage if not taken care properly. It is important to note that the main function of breathing is done by this organ only and hence one has to be much careful while dealing with it. It is also the part of the body that can help one to smell. Hence its importance cannot be ignored at all. There are a few health issues that trouble nose and hence create discomfort for one. It needs to remain moist but there are some reasons due to which it becomes dry and hence cause trouble to one.
Some health issues which are caused due to the dry nose are sinus, headache and breathing problems. The moment your nose becomes all dry, it doesn’t only affect your nose but your mood as well as your efficiency and creativity too. It completely messes up your patience, sanity and your day. You simply cannot concentrate on your work, attend meetings, go out with friends or spend some moments with your loved ones. There are some options available in drug stores, but one can go for the home remedies that can be more helpful.
Well, to help people out, here are some home remedies to get rid of dry nose naturally.
Olive Oil for Dry Nose
Like most other oils, olive oil hydrates the nasal passage by alleviating dryness from your nose. It also gives relief from irritation and swelling if you are experiencing any.
- Take few drops of virgin olive oil
- Apply it to the nasal passage with the help of a dropper.
- Repeat this two times a day for a week.
Sesame Oil for Dry Nose
The presence of vitamin E in sesame oil makes it an effective remedy for nasal dryness. It hydrates and moisturizes the skin.
- Take few drops of organic sesame oil in a dropper.
- Sit in an inclined position and pour two drops of it on each nostril.
- Take deep breathes so that the oil reaches deep inside the nasal passage.
- Apply this remedy twice a day for a week.
Steam for Dry Nose
It is the most common and easiest process to get relief from dry nose problems. The steam inhaled softens the dry mucus present in the nostrils and gives a soothing sensation.
- At first, you need a big bowl and a big towel so that it can cover your face and the bowl.
- Pour boiling water into the bowl.
- Cover the bowl and your head with the towel
- Inhale the steam of the hot water for 10 minutes.
- Once done try to blow your nose as gently as possible.
- Practice this method twice a day for a week.
The dry nose is not a matter to worry until you are completely ignorant towards it. The home remedies mentioned above are effective enough to cure the dryness of your nasal passage. None of the remedies will have an adverse effect on your health. For more dry nose remedies visit here.