How to Prepare for SSC CGL? – We are sharing Preparation Plan & Strategy for SSC CGL Tier 1, 2, 3 online exams. You can also make the subject wise individual study plan for SSC CGL Recruitment 2017.
One of the most awaited exams for Government aspirants is finally approaching. Candidates have been preparing for this exam since long and applications have been hopefully filled. Staff Selection Committee of India has released the recruitment notification of SSC CGL 2017. Also, Read SSC CGL Salary after 7th Pay Commission.
This is a combined graduate level exam and is held annually. The vacancies range from non-gazetted posts in various Departments and Organizations of Government of India. The exam will happen in different tiers- Tier I will be held from 1st August 2017 to 20th August 2017 and Tier II will happen on 18 January to 20 January 2018. Staff Selection Committee released the official notice in May and 4733 Vacancies are open under SSC CGL 2017.
SSC CGL Tier 1, 2, 3 Preparation Plan & Strategy
Students are gearing up for preparations to crack SSC-CGL 2017, as this is one exam which will secure their position in the Government sector. The preparations have to be extremely thorough and extensive for SSC-CGL since the time left is very limited. Also since there is no restriction on only a particular stream to appear for this exam the syllabus and subject areas to cover are very wide-spread.
Since a high inflow of candidates is expected this year too like last year, the preparation plan to crack SSC-CGL has to be unique. You need to start preparing as per the following strategy tips that we have exclusively garnered for your bright future:
Read and Analysis Syllabus of SSC CGL
- Go through the syllabus of this year’s SSC-CGL. Now again go through it in detail. The syllabus will not only contain the subject areas to cover but also the examination pattern. It is important that you familiarize yourself with the pattern with utmost priority. It will groom your mind in the direction of examination mode and will help you understand the questioning pattern. Once you are on that track your intent of preparing will move towards that as well and your strategy to prepare for SSCP-CGL will improve.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam has a different kind of exam pattern and is held in 4 different tiers. Please go through below points to understand it better:
- Tier I & II: Online mode, Language: Hindi or English
- Next, Tier I: Objective type 100 questions, each of 2 marks
- Tier II: Two compulsory papers and two optional, Objective type
- Next, Tier III: Descriptive, offline mode
- Tier IV: Qualifying Test-Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) /Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
Study Plan- After properly analyzing the subject and pattern of SSC-CGL Exam the candidates need to prepare a study plan suiting one’s need. Give more time to the subjects which weigh more in the marking exam and also pay attention to your weak hand. ये भी पढ़े – आईबीपीस पीओ और क्लर्क की तैयारी कैसे करे?
Subject wise SSC CGL Preparation Strategy
Once you have prepared the study plan to go through the below subject wise preparation list:
- Reasoning/ General Intelligence:
- This subject will comprehend the problem-solving ability of a candidates’ mind. It will test one’s mental ability. This subject does not hold formulas or equations. Unlike numerical, it does not have a set pattern. There is no set method to solve a type of question. It can be solved with nice observation and utmost care. Daily practice is a must when you get down to the preparation of this subject.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- The mastery of this subject will help you secure good marks in both Tiers I and Tier II. Its question type will include advanced Mathematics also along with arithmetic problems to solve. Once you acquire the skills of shortcut keys and techniques for the different kind of questions, you will cover the entire lane of topics in here. You can check out How to Good Score in SSC CGL Mathematics (Tier 1 40+, Tier 2 175+)?.
- This is one subject which can help you earn very good marks if you have a strong set of skills in the English language. Its pattern will be high scoring and you have a chance to excel. The candidate will have to improve grammar and vocabulary skills. There are many options available for reading and honing up the skills and learning material of Oxford or Cambridge will help you the most.
- This is one of the most important sections of this exam. And it gives an upper hand to the candidates with strong skills and grasp of the subject, mainly because the answers are pretty much sure shot. However, the subject is equally quite extensive. This is a kind of questionnaire which can only be polished during the preparation time and not much learning is possible since the paper is not really set. Also, there is no limit to the time that you can put in for preparation. You can hone up your skills based on the last years’ question banks.
|Physics GK Questions||Chemistry GK Questions||Life Science GK Questions||Indian History Questions|
|All Countries PM & Presidents||India GK in Hindi||Computer GK Questions||General Science GK|
SSC CGL Preparation Final Tips
Even during the high preparation mode, a few additional tips need to be followed for better preparation:
- Do not over-stress yourself. It will only cause the delay in focusing.
- Prepare a priority list.
- This is the peak hour of preparation. Hence focus on your strong areas first as per priority. Then give more time to your weak subject areas.
- Highlight important topics.
- Give ample time to revision. Keep daily practice and revision routine.
Candidates should visit the official site of SSC for regular updates and information flow. Please share this article on social media i.e. Facebook, Google Plus, WhatsApp, and Twitter. You can also bookmark this page using CTRL+D.