UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018, National Defence Academy Exam I & II Paper Pattern, Check NDA Exam Pattern, NDA NA 2 Previous Year papers, Preparation Tips, Download UPSC NDA 2018 Syllabus subject Wise at upsc.gov.in:
NDA NA Exam Syllabus in Hindi: The Union Public Service Commission is organizing the “National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2018” on 9th September 2018. To qualify for the exam and get good marks, examiners must prepare well for the examination. This will possible through latest NDA Study materials. Our Team is providing latest UPSC NDA Exam pattern and NDA & NA Syllabus subject wise. Examiners are suggested that they make Time Table and start self-study and help Exam preparation tips, best books and follow expert guidelines.
You can also help using NDA Previous Years Solved papers/ Sample papers. Aspirants may take an idea about what type of paper pattern and questions using UPSC NDA Syllabus & Exam pattern. All competitors join the online test series and mock to improve the speed of solving the paper in given time duration.
UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018, NDA NA II Exam Pattern:
All competitors who are participating in NDA II 2018 they must check the NDA Exam marking scheme and mathematics & General Ability Test Syllabus. Every year, Commission conducts the exam twice in a year. The exam authority will fill total 383 vacancies of National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme). The NDA NA 2 Exam will be held for admission to the Army, Navy and Air force wings of NDA for the 142nd Course and for the 104th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) competing from 2nd July 2019.
The competition level is tough and you need to study hard for qualifying the exam. Candidates are advised to revise all topics on daily basis and cover all information points before the examination. By the help and solving NDA Previous Year papers, candidates increase the performance and they will take minimum time to solve a question. Check NDA NA 2018 application form
NDA NA 2018 Details:
- Organization Name: Union Public Service Commission
- Exam name: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2018
- Total Vacancies: 383
- Job Category: Defence Jobs
- Job Location: Pan India
- Exam Type: Admission Basis Competitive Exam
- Date of Exam: 9th September 2018
- Post Category: NDA Exam Syllabus & Pattern
- Official website: upsc.gov.in
UPSC NDA Exam pattern 2018, NDS & NA Test Schedule:
First, you should note that there will be penalty (Negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers. The complete NDS 2018 selection process will be of 1800 Marks. A written exam will be held for 900 Marks. Questions will consist of Mathematics and General Ability subjects and each section will be of 2 ½ hours. After qualified the written test, you will be called for SSB Test/interview. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
|Subject Name||Code||Duration||Max Marks|
|Mathematics||01||2 ½ Hours||300|
|General ability Test||02||2 ½ Hours||600|
- In this question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the Matric system of weights and measures only will be set.
- The Commission has the discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects at the examination
- The candidates are not permitted to use the calculator or Mathematical or logarithmic table for answering objective type papers.
Check UPSC NDS Syllabus- Click here to Download NDA NA Exam Syllabus in Hindi
UPSC NDA NA Syllabus- Check Mathematics & General Ability Test Syllabus:
In this section, we are updating the latest UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018 for math and general ability sections.
NDA Exam Syllabus for Mathematics:
The Concept of a set, Venn diagrams, operations on sets, De Morgan’s laws, Cartesian relation, product, equivalence relation. Complex numbers – basic modulus, argument, properties, cube roots of unity, Representation of real numbers on a line, Binary system of numbers, Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa.
Arithmetic, Harmonic, Geometric progressions, A solution of linear in equations of two variables by graphs. Quadratic equations with real coefficients, Permutation and Combination, Logarithms and their applications, Binomial theorem and its application
- Matrices and Determinants:
Types of matrices, Operations on matrices. The determinant of a matrix, Basic properties of Determinants. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by matrix method.
Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians, Trigonometrically ratios, Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae, Multiple and Sub-multiple angles, inverse trigonometric functions, Applications- height and distance, properties of triangles.
- Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions:
Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. The equation of a line in various forms. The angle between two lines. A distance of a point from a line. An equation of a circle in standard and in general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three-dimensional space, the distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. The equation of a plane and a line in various forms. An angle between two lines and the angle between two planes. An equation of a sphere.
- Differential Calculus:
The concept of a real-valued function–domain, range and graph of a function. Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits—examples. Continuity of functions—examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative—applications. Derivatives of the sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect to another function, a derivative of a composite function. Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations:
Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals— determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves—applications. Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of differential equations, a solution of first order and first-degree differential equations of various types—examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
- Vector Algebra:
Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, an addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, scalar product or dot product of two vectors. Vector product or cross product of two vectors. Applications—work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems.
- Statistics and Probability:
Statistics: Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution—examples. Graphical representation—Histogram, Pie Chart, frequency polygon—examples. Measures of Central tendency—Mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation—determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
Probability: Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events. Definition of probability—classical and statistical— examples. Elementary theorems on probability—simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem—simple problems. Random variable as function 19 on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for General Ability Test:
The UPSC NDA Syllabus and question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part-B: General Knowledge:
The UPSC NDA Syllabus on General Knowledge will broadly cover the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
Section A: Physics
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Weight, Mass, Density, Volume, and Specific Gravity, Pressure Barometer, Principle of Archimedes.
- The motion of objects, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Velocity and Acceleration, Force and Momentum, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Parallelogram of Forces, Gravitation, Power and Energy, elementary ideas of work.
- Measurement of temperature and heat, Effects of Heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat. Simple musical instruments, Sound waves and their properties.
- Reflection and refraction, Rectilinear Propagation of Light. Human Eye, Spherical Mirrors and Lenses.
- Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet, Natural and Artificial Magnets.
- Conductors and Nonconductors, Static and Current Electricity, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Lighting, Heating, and Magnetic effects of Current, Primary and Secondary Cells, Measurement of Electrical Power, Use of X-Rays.
Section B: Chemistry:
- Physical and Chemical changes
- Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations
- Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems). Properties of Air and Water
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide, Oxidation and Reduction
- Acids, bases and salts, Carbon— different forms
- Fertilizers—Natural and Artificial
- The material used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches and Gun-Powder
- Elementary ideas about the structure of Atom, Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency
Section C: General Science:
- Difference between the living and non-living
- The basis of Life—Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Elementary knowledge of Human Body and its important organs
- Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention
- Food—Source of Energy for man
- Constituents of food, Balanced Diet
- The Solar System—Meteors and Comets, Eclipses
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
Section D: (History, Freedom Movement etc)
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration
- Freedom Movement in India
- Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
- French Revolution, the Industrial Revolution and the Russian Revolution. Impact of Science and Technology on Society
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence
- The concept of one World, Panchsheel, United Nations, Democracy. Socialism and Communism. Role of India in the present world.
Section E: Geography
- The Earth, its shape and size. The concept of time, Latitudes and Longitudes. Movements of Earth and their effects. International Date Line.
- Ocean Currents and Tides
- Rocks and their classification; Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and volcanoes. Origin of Earth.
- The atmosphere and its composition, Planetary Winds, Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, cyclones and Anticyclones, Humidity, Types of Climate, Condensation and Precipitation. Major Natural regions of the World.
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India. Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
- Regional Geography of India – Natural vegetation, Climate. Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
Section F: UPSC NDA Syllabus for Current Events:
Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years. Current important world events. Prominent personalities—both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
NDA & NA Syllabus 2018
We have provided all latest and useful details regarding the UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018 and NDA NA Exam Pattern. We hope that this article details will helpful for all examiners. If you have any query then you can ask by putting your comment here.